Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pinning and Swooning

That's right... I have been on a "pinning" spree thanks to Pinterest!  Two words: Holy Moly!!!  There are tons and tons of creative ideas flowing on there!  I seriously can't even handle the excitement I feel when looking for inspiration.  There are so many great ideas and crafters in the world.  I am so thankful to live in a time that I am able to learn how to do a craft by reading someone's blog or by watching a You Tube video.  We are so blessed with so much free imformation on the internet and I am really thankful for that. 

Here are two Pinterest inspired projects I added to my fall decor.  I must say that I am rather pleased with how they have turned out.  I am anxious to get going on some other projects for my home.  I just love the holidays!

 This wreath was SOOOO easy to make.  Seriously... if you think it is cute I promise you can do it.  I bought a wire wreath frame from Hobby Lobby and some floral wire.  I also bought some cute orange wired ribbon and two costume boa's.  You just attach the two boa's to the wreath frame with the floral wire.  Add then you add the ribbon and ta-da!  You are have yourself an inexpensive and pretty feather wreath!  Super cute, easy, and inexpensive, gotta love it! :o)

This little autumn arrangment was also really simple and I think it is quite pretty.  I do not know why I have been so afraid of arrangments all this time.  I think my problem was that I thought everything had to match and it had to be flowers.  (Do not ask my why I thought this)  It turned out so cool with a variety of things together.  Sticks, leaves, berries, feathers, and lots of color.  I think that it gives it great texture and catches the eye.  I love it and already have plans for my winter one.

I have been going crazy without paper crafting... It just doesn't feel right to use all my Cricut stuff since I am planning on selling it all.  As long as I have Pinterest type projects to do when I get a creative "sweet tooth"  then I think I might be okay.  I just wish life could slow down just enough so I can focus on selling all things Cricut.

And, I am swooning because I am going to be the owner of a Sihouette Cameo at the end of the month! (sigh)  I am so excited for her to get here so we can play and build a great relationship.  I have a feeling we will be instant BFF's! :o)

Well, thank you for reading this really long post about my random thoughts and projects.  I will leave you with this cute picture of my dog Cooper.  I was working on cleaning the house - yucky yucky house work - and I opened our ottoman to fill it with blankets and he just decided to make that his bed.  Silly boy!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I agree it is a wonderful time to be a crafter. your projects are amazing!