Saturday, November 12, 2011

Super Saturday Craft

First off... let me explain Super Saturday to those who may not know what they are.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and a lot of wards in our church have what is called Super Saturday.  Basically it is where a whole bunch of women get together to do crafts on a certain Saturday of the year.  It involves lots of crafting, eating, and chatting.  It is a lot of fun!  You do not even need to be a member to come join in on the fun so if you know a member ask them about it and I am sure they would be happy to invite you to one!

So a couple Saturdays ago my Mom asked if I wanted to come to her ward's Super Saturday.  Of coarse I told her I would love to and signed up for my craft.  I must say that I had a lot of fun!  It was really quite enjoyable and I liked how my project turned out.  Mind you, I still need to put a couple finishing touches on but I think you will get the gist of what it should look like.



So basically it is a Welcome sign you hang by ribbon on your door and you have different tiles for each season, holiday, etc.  Cute right?  All it took for this project was wood, hooks, vinyl, and paint.  Which got me thinking that it would be super easy for all you crafters out there to accomplish something like this of your own.  If you own a Cricut or a Silhouette then you could easily do it!  I hope it adds some inspiration.  I sure had fun putting it together!

4 comments:

teachdanz said...

I love it!! sounds like lots of fun:-)

CraftyShell said...

That is such a neat idea and super cute! I like how just change the tiles out. By the way thanks for the comment on the sale info. I like to share good deals glad if it helps anyone.

Anna Gatherum said...

very cute!!! such a great idea
hope you visit my blog,
annabeedesigns.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very cute and what a fun idea:) TFS